Bougainvillea question

I have this planted in a 7" hanging pot and exposed all winter and now spring in a south facing window, indoors. It is blooming again, the second time as of now. It puzzles me. Last summer i had it exposed to the sun outdoors on my patio and not once did it bloom...Shouldn't the situation be in reversed? I suspect, when the weather gets warmer and i put it back in the patio, it would stop blooming, until I bring it in next Fall. BTW, the pot seems to limit its branch growth.

Reply to
noel888

Bougainvillea loves heat and full sun. I suspect there is some other difference bewtween the two situations. For example, how often do you water it? A small pot swinging in the wind outdoors will dry out very quickly. The B may survive this but it will not thrive on it.

David

Reply to
David Hare-Scott