Botanical Gardens in the Middle East

Page 1 of 2
Doing precedent research on existing botanical gardens in the Middle East. Can anyone point me to a resource or provide names of any notable examples in this climate? Does anyone know of any with architectural facilities such as conservatories.
Any and all help will be much appreciated. Hiroshi Okamoto
There are no botanical gardens in the middle east since the muslims took over. Muslims don't know jack shit about growing things, and don't care about anything except beheading innicent people.
Hiroshi Okamoto wrote:

Dumbass no-IQ troll-bigot.

Here are a few from the Mid East & Near East for starters; I've skipped Central Asian botanical gardens though they do overlap a lot as flora regions. I've linked to websites if I could find them in a jiffy, just addresses otherwise:
Negev Desert Botanical Garden http://www.benzkotz.dircon.co.uk/web.html
The University Botanical Garden, Jerusalem http://www.botanic.co.il /
Kibbutz Ein Gedi Botanical Garden of the Dead Sea: http://www.inisrael.com/eingedi/botanical_gard.htm or http://www.ngedi.com/botanical_gard.htm
Tel Aviv University Botanical Gardens: http://www.tau.ac.il/lifesci/botany/Gardens/index.html
N'ot Kdomim Biblical Garden (no website): Ben Shemen, Israel
Mikveh-Israel Botanical Garden (no website): Holon, Israel
Havath-Noy Botanical Garden (no website): Ministry of Agriculture Research Post, RUPPIN, Israel
Arboretum National Forest Park (Ilanot Forest): http://www.jnf.org/site/PageServer?pagename=Ilan_projects
Additional Israeli botanical gardens, nurseries, & arboretums: http://www.cacti.co.il/garden&nurseries.htm
Palestinian Botanical Garden (no website): P.O. Box 64, Halhul-Hebron, West Bank
Nezahat Gokyigit Memorial Park & Botanical Garden, Istanbul: http://www.bgci.org.uk/botanic_gardens/gokyigit.html
Istanbul University Botanik Bahcesi (no website except Univ site): Suleymaniye, Istanbul, Turkey.
Cukurova University Botanic Garden (no website other than C.U. website): Ziraat Fakultesi, Botanik Bahcesi, Peyzaj, Mimarligi Bolumu, ADANA, Turkey
Ankara University Botanical Garden (no website): Fen Fakultesi, Botanik Bahcesi, Biyoloji Bolumu, Tandogan, ANKARA, Turkey
Iran National Botanical Garden: http://www.netiran.com/?fn=artd (572)
Botanical Institute of Iran (no website): Karaj Road, P.O. Box 8-6096, Tehran
University of Tehran Botanical Garden (no website): Faculty of Agriculture, University of Tehran, 31584 Karadj, Tehran, Iran.
Za'faraniyah Botanical Garden (no website): Horticultural Experiment Station, Abu-Ghraib, BAGHDAD, Iraq.
Addresses of Egypt's Zohria Garden (Cairo), Aswan Botanical Garden (Aswan), Qubba Botanical Garden (Cairo), & Orman Garden (Giza): http://www.agri.gov.eg/botan.htm
Botanical Garden in Alexandria (no website): Faculty of Science University of Alexandria Moharram Bey, Alexandria Egypt http://www.geocities.com/scn_pk/botanicalgarden.html
Peshawar University Botanical Gardens in Northern Pakistan: http://www.geocities.com/scn_pk/botanicalgarden.html
King Saud University Botanical Garden (no website): College of Science, Department of Botany and Microbiology, Riyadh, Saudi Arabi
National Herbarium and Genebank (no website): Ministry of Agriculture and Water, P.O. Box 17285, Riyadh 11484, Saudi Arabia
Soba Arboretum Forest Research Institute, Khartoum (no website): PO Box 658 Khartoum Sudan
American University of Beirut Herbarium: http://wwwlb.aub.edu.lb/~webnhm/herbarium.htm
Kuwait University Herbarium (no website): P.O. Box 5969, 13060 Kuwait University
Kuwait Botanical Garden & Eco Park (no website).
Sidi Mesri Experiment Station at Tripoli, Libya (no website).
Garyounis University Cyrenaica Herbarium (no website): P.O. Box 9480, Benghazi, Libya
Al-Faateh University National Herbarium (no website): P.O. Box 13228, Tripoli Libya
There are many, many, many more. USE THIS GLOBAL DIRECTORY OF BOTANICAL GARDENS to find some others throughout the Mid-East & Near East, plus others from the various "-istans" of Central Asia: http://207.156.243.8/emu/ih/index.php
-paghat the ratgirl
What are the odds that Crash Test Dummy is also a republican and a Bush supporter? He certainly speaks with the same expertise in diplomacy and world affairs Dubya showed when he spoke before the UN!!!!
wrote:

Arabi
Phagat wrote ".....There are many, many, many more. USE THIS GLOBAL DIRECTORY OF BOTANICAL GARDENS to find some others throughout the Mid-East & Near East, plus others from the various "-istans" of Central Asia: http://207.156.243.8/emu/ih/index.php ..."
Sorry but this isn't an index of Botanic gardens but an index of Herbariorum
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

The majority of these locations are also arboretums or have experimental gardens, but if someone were more comfortable finding the same locations with the words "botanical garden" attached, use this search page instead: http://www.bgci.org.uk/botanic_gardens/find_garden.html which search page can, of course, also be used to search for herbaria.
-paggers
Phagat wrote ".... The majority of these locations are also arboretums or have experimental gardens, but if someone were more comfortable finding the same locations with the words "botanical garden" attached, use this search page instead: http://www.bgci.org.uk/botanic_gardens/find_garden.html which search page can, of course, also be used to search for herbaria. ........"
I did a search using Wales as "state" as it wont recognise Wales as a country. Of the results 3 may have some living examples all the others are museum or university collections of preserved specimens.
--
David Hill
Abacus nurseries

experimental
locations
instead:
herbaria.
You mean of those listed at Paghat's link? Are you sure? I flipped through the list checking Turkey and all the Arab countries listed, and quite a few of those are sure to be genuine gardens. Our OP should start with Iran, Turkey, Egypt, and Algeria, I'd suggest; I vaguely remember visiting the one in Khartoum, too. I found it interesting that Syria wasn't there: I'd have expected them to have one.
(It gave strange results under Wales!)
Mike.
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 17:17:22 -0400, Crash Streete Kidde wrote:

You want to invade my country on some trumped up excuse, you can be sure I will be the first to lump all your people into one category and deal with them with all the means at my disposal.
Personally, I prefer to pike someone in the skull and let them bleed to death slowly, but that's just my preference.
oh yeah ... Go crawl back into your hole, punk.
Don't worry, Crash Test Dummy speaks only for those brew guzzling red-necks that shoot off their mouths and run away at the sight of any real danger like that idiot Dubya and his profiteering buddies that are currently running the USA into the ground. I really can't believe that dim wit ferengi is actually ahead in the polls.

That's because liberals live in their own little world without any idea what's going on in the real world. Fortunately, most of the rest of the country has a clue.
"Dillon" <'> wrote in message

Hypothetical situation: Your 4 yr old child is diagnosed with brain cancer. Surgery will save her. Without the surgery, she'll be dead in a month. Obviously, you want to meet the surgeon and make sure you're comfortable with him/her. You meet. For one hour, the surgeon completely mangles the English language to the point where you and your spouse are tapping each other's ankles under the table as if to say "How the hell do we get out of this conversation gracefully?"
Would you hire that surgeon, or find another?
If you were a republican, you would have the babbling idiot surgeon operate on your child if he was a republican too!!!! Its that kind of clear thinking that has gotten this great country where we are today!!!
You certainly don't want some genius intern to operate on your child, especially if he is some uppity democrat that hasn't been in your hospital killing patients for four years. If he cures your son, you would be forever in his debt and you wouldn't want that. Would you?
On TV yesterday, I saw a republican bigshot already making excuses for Dubya messing up in the debates and they haven't even started yet. The dude said: "Do you want a president that is good at debating or one that will run the country?". I thought they were saying that Dubya was a master debater who always won in the debates. It seem now his own supporters have no faith in him to do that right. Why should anybody vote for the goof then?

cancer.
It seems they are very concerned that Kerry is now tan. Regardless where or how he got a tan, who gives a shit? My father would sit in the sun for one day and be as tan as anyone who sat in the sun all summer. Why couldn't that happen for Kerry also? Feh. If Bush wins this, we are doomed.
opined:

Another good one: I know about a half dozen Rush clones. Their latest slam is that Kerry "looks French".

idea
the
comfortable
the
each
of
Check out: http://www.bushisantichrist.com /
--
Jim Carlock
Post replies to the newsgroup.

of
month.
out
friend?
Believe it or not, they did the same equations for Ronnie when he was president, and they found the same results.

The "Kerry looks French" shit is an old one. Its been around since the primaries.
opined:

Choose the correct answer:
Dubya reroutes the blood flow in your brain, making you significantly smarter. There are no complications from surgery. Despite your enhanced brain capacity, you suffer from none of the intellectual penalties that make Bill Nye the Science Guy single. Everybody around you prospers and has excellent health. You also single handedly figure out how to eliminate the deficit, cure cancer, make flying cars and keep squirrels out of your garden.
Or:
Dubya shaves your head and then gives you a wig so you'd have a chance at looking respectable. While you are waiting to have your wig fitted, and before any real operation is attempted, you bleed to death due to his inability to distinguish scalp from scalpel. After your death, your children continue to pay for your hospital / barber shop visit until 20 years after *they* die.