Bonsai tree

I am trying to grow a Bonsai Tree from seed. Twice now I it hasn't sprouted. Can anybody give me any tips?
Thanks
I fear you are putting the cart before the horse. Bonsai is a method of growing trees by restricting their growth and shape to make them miniature and ancient looking. There is no such thing as a Bonsai tree though most/many trees can be made to become of this nature. What species were you trying to germinate? Best Wishes.

On Wed, 28 Apr 2004 18:13:35 GMT, "Stew4rtLittle"

true bonsai. you'd do better to start from a cutting, or to buy a container-grown plant with a nice form and prune it down to a bonsai.
Do a google search on bonsai and you'll be buried with good advice (though, of course, you'll have to weed through a lot of ads, etc., to find it).
K For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp . For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com /
Did you buy the Bonsai Tree seeds on eBay?
Do some research on Bonsai and find out what it really is.

Someone gave me "The mini bonsai kit". It came with a little book about the science and art of bonai and the creation of bonsai. Also how to grow it. But it didn't grow. The seeds are Jack Pine seeds.

these are little rip off kits. same for the little bonsai people sell. get a good book on bonsai, go to your local nursery and look for well grown healthy material you can work with.. Ingrid