Bonsai indoor plants

Are they really a lot of hassle to take care of?
On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 22:27:41 +0000, Manco wrote:

They take more attention and knowledge that average plants..... so the short answer is yes.
--
Trees are like children, train them right when their young.....
or spend a lifetime trying to correct them.

Are trees which normally have long taproots suitable for bonsai?
On Fri, 29 Oct 2004 08:27:19 +0000, Frogleg wrote:

I would assume so if you started when they were young enough, but I've never bonsai'ed anything for too long. I always loose intrest or life takes me over and I forget the bonsai for too long. Bonsai is a commitment. The best plant (imho) to start with to learn bonsai is the rosemary. It can take a real beaten'...lol
Check out the rec.arts.bonsai group for better info than I can give.