bonsai HELP!!!

I have a "WalMart bonsai" tree w/ the gnarled trunk and small oval leaves. It's suddenly losing leaves, they dry up in one area and fall off. Haven't changed anything...however been overcast and not getting as much quality sunlight. PLEASE e-me or post any diagnosis. THANKS!

Reply to
X-man

Most bonsai need to be watered several times a day, depending on their species and requirements. I have no idea what a knarled trunk and small oval leaves means. It could be anything.

The biggest mistake people make is trying to grow bonsai inside when the plant is not an inside plant.

Reply to
Bourne Identity

We need to know what KIND of plant it is. It's requirments depend on if it's a tropical INDOOR type or outdoor type. *Sounds* like a watering issue, *maybe* not enough. If Walmart bought them without proper lables they should be scolded. Try to gove us more info...

Tom

Reply to
Tom Randy

Am Fri, 20 May 2005 13:10:45 -0500 schrieb X-man:

'they dry up in one area' sounds like root rot. Then you should give less water and change soil. Best bonsai soil is Akadama. You can mix it with sand or lava granulate, then surplus water can drain and soil is good aerated, so roots can't rot anymore. Furhtermore you should be very economise with fertilisers!

greetings, Johann

Reply to
Johann