Bluestone Pernnial Border Garden

I have a large area of my yard that I want to landscape. I have the area prepared but do not have much experience with designing the landscaping. I am thinking about one of the canned designs from Bluestone. Their Perinnial Border in particular. Does anyone have experience with them or this offering? Thanks

Reply to
JV

they're reputable and affordable. if you lose it they'll replace it. good selection of good perennials. allow for space for plants to mature. they will not be large pots. but will grow into acclimated plants in two years. madgardener who has bought from Bluestone for years now and very happy with them

Reply to
madgardener

I have bought from them via the mail and have been to their facility several times. They sell very small, but healthy plants. They have excellent customer service, so if you do have a problem they will do what they can to help you. It is important to realize that they plants will come in large cell packs. Most plants are grown in a three-pack and you can usually "buy two, get one free." The first year, the plants will pretty much just sit there. The second year they will grow a bit, and will be about the size of a plant you would get in a quart container - maybe bigger. The third year they will tend to really take off, depending on the plant. Bluestone is located in NE Ohio, not too far from the Pennsylvania border. If you are close enough, you might consider going to their spring clearance sale. They open the greenhouses and sell everything you can cram into a flat for a set fee - around $40. You can get some terrific bargains that way, especially if you need a lot of plants.

Reply to
Vox Humana

Reply to
Tom Engel