Bluelady

Hi. I am new to this forum, and would like some advice. My Aunt has given me lots of Bluebells from her garden as it is overgrown with them. She pulled the long stem from the bulb, they have loads of green pods on each one. I am unsure if they contain seeds, if they do, I would like to plant them in my Son,s garden, but have no idea how to go about it. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
Bluelady

Bluebells spread everywhere here. (NJ USA). I guess it's by seed because of the distances from one patch to the next.

Normally seeds need to dry in the pod while on the plant, but bluebells could be an exception.

If you dig down into a blue bell patch you find round white bulbs from 1/2 inch up to an inch. You can put some back and take some to the new place you want bluebells.

Reply to
Dan Espen