Blueberries in winter

This is my first year growing blueberries. I have two plants appropriate for So. Calif. Coastal. Are they supposed to lose their leaves? Go dormant? Or just keep plugging along at reduced pace?
One of the bushes was COVERED w/berries when I bought it, so I hope Spring will bring new blooms.
The other (Sunshine) frecently started to look shabby. Both bushes have exactly the same conditions, so I was worried. I gave it some more food and it seems to be rallying.
I am concerned not to confuse "normal" Winter (such as it is in this area) behaviour with problem.
TIA
HB
In article

They go dormant. Salaam.
--
- Billy
Both the House and Senate budget plan would have cut Social Security and