blueberries

anyone out there propagate blueberries? down in the deep south of course. would like to hear what mix you use, and if you use shade or not. and what size container, 4 inch or 50 cell. looking forward to hearing from all yall.
anyone out there propagate blueberries? down in the deep south of course. would like to hear what mix you use, and if you use shade or not. and what size container, 4 inch or 50 cell. looking forward to hearing from all yall.
On 24 Mar 2007 12:15:43 -0700, "qwenecolly"

I have started new plants from woody cuttings, rooting hormone, 8-oz cups of vermiculite, and a plastic bag. Out of 8 cuttings I rooted 5, then two years added these to 3 other established plants in part sun. As many woody cuttings these are a bit more finicky and require more patience (~3 months) to root than other cuttings. I give weak and frequent feedings and keep mulched with partly rotted sawdust for established plants. Cottonseed meal for young plants is very good. Keep slightly moist. Slightly dappled or morning sun is good.