blowers

Page 3 of 3
chuck it and get a new one, It will cost as much to repair as a new one would cost, sorry.
--
Sam
Along the Grand Strand of Myrtle Beach,SC
Phisherman wrote:

--

Celestial Habitats by J. Kolenovsky

2-stroke motorcycles are already illegal to ride on public roads (in the US). Jetski's stink if you're downwind, so do 2-stroke snowmobiles probably. I wouldn't ban 'em but when I buy one I'll get 4-stroke.
The only advantage to 2-stroke engines is they are lighter than a 4-stroke engine with the same power output. So it makes sense to make 2-stroke chainsaws and hand-carry leaf blowers. As I said in an earlier post, I've been put off those blowers because of the short (100 hr) engine life.
My neighbor who's a manager at a lawn company got out his blower-on-wheels the other day, I don't know if it's 2- or 4-stroke. But it really did the job quick! He made one pass right next to his house and most of the leaves went into the street, 40' away. I think he did one more pass at 20', total time 1 minute. -- spud_demon -at- thundermaker.net The above may not (yet) represent the opinions of my employer.
dated Sun, 23 Nov 2003 17:38:47 -0600:

If you could find out the name of that blower and post it here I'm sure many of us would like to check out buying one.
Shepherd
On Mon, 24 Nov 2003 15:17:44 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@mazda.mitre.org (Spud Demon) wrote:

The 2-cycle engines are better when working on any angle. My mower is two-cycle because of the steep slopes. A 4-cycle engine may not get the required oil. Yes, they pollute more, more noisy, need a fuel-oil mix, but I wear hearing protection. Getting back to the blowers, the Stihl is more quiet than the Poulman (Weedeater), but the cost is 2X. I'm willing to pay 30% for a quiet machine, but not 100% more. My Weedeater gas trimmer is 14 years old and still going strong. Electric tools are not at all practical for my large 1.5-acre lot, but for small properties they are a good choice.
With a bit of wind, how many of these leaves ended up on his neighbors lawn?
Franoise.