Blooms in zone 3A

What I thought were colchicums are actually Crocus Speciosus, on closer examination.
Just as I was getting ready to photograph this unprecedented event, a friggin' snowstorm rolled in and whacked us. Now before Cereus Validus commits suicide as a result of my emotional trauma, let me assure you all the blooms will likely survive this setback and open again shortly. It just goes to prove we're not all dogsledders and eaters of raw seal, even if Fox sez we are.