Blooming inside the house

I was sitting in the livingroom last night and was noticing a sweet fragrance that was slightly spicy. The aeroma kept wrapping around me and was unmistakable. Kinda like honeysuckle with gentle pepper. Itchy to the nose. As I sat there, I finally realized that the McCoy crocodile planter pot with the slender leafed sanseveria I picked up somewhere was in blossom and giving it's fragrances out into the livingroom. I turned around and was amazed that every pod on the slender stem was open and flung wide. Tiny little trumpets of transparent white and dripping nectar and fragrances.

Yes, I took a picture. Now I have to start watering the blood lily to get it ready for bloom in February, and there's the cacti to watch and wait for during these dry, and wintery times ahead of me. madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

Sounds wonderful... but what a tease! When you said you had taken a picture, I scrolled down expecting to see a link to a picture. I was almost salivating after reading your description of the blooming sanseveria ;-)

-- Lynda

Reply to
Lynda LeCompte

I didn't know sansevarias bloomed :) learn something every day. Now I'm wondering if my sword sansevaria will put out fowers since it has two new spikes coming up.

Shell

Reply to
Shell

ok, so give ME a holler (remove fairies live here to respond to me personally and I'll send you the JPEG, it's awesome) madgardener

Reply to
madgardener

most times, sometimes not, but most times yes.

Reply to
madgardener

lucky you. My amaryllis are still sleeping.

Good thing I picked up 2 pots of red cyclamen.

HAppy almost bday by the way fellow carpricorn

Love Caryn "Come into my garden, my flowers want to meet you!"

Reply to
NAearthMOM