blackberry bushes

My wife bought me a blackberry bush from Wal-Mart (they quit carrying them), and hid it away for a week to surprise me... needless to say, it did not survive the lack of water. BUT I really would like one... none of the places I can find here on the Mississippi GulfCoast are selling them anymore... who would be a good place to buy from?
We bought berries from WalMart too, and they died even though we followed the instructions and soaked them in water for a couple days when we got home before planting them. So I'm not sure it's the lack of water. So we just got some cuttings from a bush in town and they're doing just fine. Are there any bushes growing in the wild nearby?
BearDrummer wrote:

I live on the Louisiana Gulf coast and am growing Triple Crown thornless blackberries. Got them from Stark Brothers Nursery in Louisiana, MO. Should have a web presence but haven't looked lately. Planted six of them in January and they are producing berries, albeit not many, this month and are growing well.
George

Look here: http://www.starkbros.com/access?action=product&productID 52&collection=0
--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

I have had very bad luck with Stark. I have had VERY good luck with Raintree http://www.raintreenursery.com/catalog/producttype.cfm?producttype=BLAC got figs, peaches, kiwi from them. always satisfied. Ingrid