Black Walnut Seeds

Don why don't you leave these people alone?

Reply to
symplastless

I live in Northern Westchester NY, zone 5. I was busy I only got a chance to read the posts today.

A;

Reply to
Al

Thank You for the offer. But I will order a copy of the book. No need to scan it. I prefer reading books than the web it is easier on my eyes.

Al

Reply to
Al

I am sorry that I caused strife in the new group.

Al

Reply to
Al

I did a Google search on Black Walnuts and did not find any useful information. This pamphlet was very helpful - thank you.

I am going to plant the seeds in pots with good garden soil and let them stay on my patio for the winter. I will cover the pots with wire to deter predation by squirrels. Hopefully some of them will sprout.

Any sapling I would plant in the summer/fall of 2008.

Thanks Again

AL

Reply to
Al

Beware of so-called tree biologists who have never studied biology.

Reply to
D. Staples

You didn't.

Reply to
Charlie

You leave people to think I have never studied biology. I have studied biology.

The story of my professor is here:

web site is here:
is your story Don Staples? Please stop being nasty and stop saying nasty things to people on this list. You are the only person I know who talks the way you do. You are an exception to the forestry industry. Your behavior is out of line with many fine foresters. You are surely not an example of what a forester is.

Ignorance of tree biology has been, and still is, the major cause of tree problems worldwide. Shigo 1999

Reply to
symplastless

You did not. The trouble was here before you emerged.

Reply to
symplastless

You are living off Dr. Shigo, and trying to use his education and reputation to augment yours. Here is your education, not one biology class listed at any reputable university.

of so called tree biologist that have never studied biology.

Reply to
Don Staples

Don I am living off of an understanding of tree biology greatly in part as a direct result of the teachings of Dr. Alex L. Shigo. What is it that you are trying to say?

Also I have learned a great deal about the ecological stages of trees by many other people by reading what they have written and by walking in old growth forest with such an understanding in mind. E.g.,

you look here you will find articles by Dr. Alex L. Shigo
a great deal of the tree biology workshops I attended addressed many issues dealing with the biology of trees. That is the biology I have and am still studying.

Reply to
symplastless