Black Velvet Geranium... experiences?

Anyone try growing this?
I've got two and neither are showing the dark leaves with a green border. When the seedlings first started I could see the color, but now they look like ordinary geranium leaves. Haven't reached flowering yet (i started them late).
I'm wondering if it is a light/shade, feeding, maturity thing?
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email) Zone 6b/7, Westchester Co, NY, 1 mile off L.I.Sound 1st Year Gardener