Black Spot on Knockout roses

After 3 months of fabulous flowering and growth the dreaded BS is attacking my KO's big time. I seem to be the only person on the whole web that has this problem with these new marvels. I wonder if anyone else has had this and do the plants die off or do they come back. I have even started spraying but of course it is too late now. HELP.
scottishbelle wrote:

Spraying now will help but what you should also do is cut off the foliage that has black spot (and do NOT put it in your compose pile if you have one). The new foliage will not (I should say "should not") have black spot.
Black spot is a fungal disease and one way to help prevent it is by not getting water on the leaves of the rose bush in the evening (they need to be able to dry off).
--
Bill R. (Ohio Valley, U.S.A)

Gardening for over 40 years
Not blck spot, but definately Japanese beetles! They have just bout stripped the Pink KO rose completely, but don't seem to like the red KO as much. Sigh. Thank God they're almost done for the year.
On Sat, 15 Jul 2006 13:07:02 -0400, "scottishbelle"