Black Mondo Grass Disease - Help!

I have a problem with my Black Mondo Grass which I keep in a pot. I leave it outside much of the time because there's no place within the house with sufficient light, in my estimation. But I do bring it inside occasionally. I water about every three days or so. It has developed some kind of disease which is white, apparently concentrated at the base, and doesn't wipe or wash off as you can see in the photos below. Can anyone help me with this?... identify the disease? ... know the cure? etc.
I live about 30 miles south of San Francisco - Mediterranean Climate
http://home.earthlink.net/~tedjensen/MondoGrass_1.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~tedjensen/MondoGrass_1.jpg
Ted-
Ted Jensen wrote:

There is only one photo twice and it doesn't show any detail at all. Why don't you just plant it outside?

USDA Zone 8
Sorry Travis... the two photos can be found at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tedjensen/MondoGrass_1.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~tedjensen/MondoGrass_2.jpg
As for planting it outside, we are not very good gardeners and find the plant attractive enough to enjoy inside on occasions.
Ted-
On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 05:40:35 GMT, "Travis"

Sorry... the TWO photos can be found at:
http://home.earthlink.net/~tedjensen/MondoGrass_1.jpg
http://home.earthlink.net/~tedjensen/MondoGrass_2.jpg
Ted