Bizmark palm?

Can anyone help me about transplanting bizmark palm? I live in tropical south east Queensland,Australia.. Also I have Chinese bamboo lucky plant how do I care for it. Thks Jools

Reply to
Julia

Hi, If the Bismarkia nobilis is in a pot avoid cutting any roots when removing it. I've moved them from pots a few times and all have made it. If it has been pot bound for a while odds of survival are less. If it is in the ground already and you want to move it, things are much more iffy. Roots that are cut will die back to the base limiting chances of survival. hth -_- how no NEWS is good

Reply to
how

g'day julia

lucky bamboo not bamboo at all common name "Dracaena sanderiana" just they want to sell more dracaena so they jazz it up with a name that will attract the yuppies, much the same as they did with the back in the 70's happy plant/corn plant also dracaena family. so look for care of those plants which is very easy and basic, both will grow in water or stoens filled with water maybe for inside apply a marine liquid fert' at app' 25% the recommended rate once a month, it will grow bigger and better in a pot filled with pottinf mix and will grow in the garden, remember it is not bamboo not even clesely related. as for the myth behind the plant well i for one never found anyone who was any happier for owning a happy plant and so far never found anyone who is any luckier owning the lucky bamboo. these fads do make the nursery industry lots of money good bet for the main the pot they are in is worth more than the plant.

now the bismarkia palm (i live in north brissy suburb) and see them often in nurseries we drive past seek out a good tropical or plam nursery heaps around brissy, and with the bismarkia fi you want it to retain good colour then buy it with the best deepest colour it should look almost dry and grey/blueish and like a paper plant if the colour is good.

len

gardenlen

Reply to
presley

g'day presley,

yeh that'd be a good way to describe the look as well.

hey notice like most threads i suppose we never hear back from the original poster must be lack of 'net etique hey??? so guess we'll never know if even any of the information was informative hey?

avagudweekend

len

snipped>

Reply to