birdhouse gourd dilemma

I have 4 birdhouse gourds - all still green and clearly could use a little extra growing time. There is now a freeze warning for tomorrow night :-( I am thinking my best bet would be to corral them into a cardboard box with a blanket and leave them on the vine, so they can continue getting as much growing time as possible. After tomorrow night the temps are going back into the low of 38 to high of 65 range again.
My idea will protect the gourds themselves, I'm just not sure about the vines - and if the vines freeze that will end the growing season pretty effectively. I have some greenhouse plastic - so if I laid an old blanket over the whole raised bed and topped it with the plastic, might that be enough to protect them from 24 degree temps?
--

PhoenixWench

Toleration is not the opposite of intolerance but the counterfeit of it.
PhoenixWench wrote:

a little too late in seeing this here...
i hope the vines and gourds survived ok?
i would think that 24F may be even too cold for a slightly insulated plastic barrier/box/blanket type arrangement without an added source of heat.
songbird