Biodynamic rodent pesticide?

Hello, sorry if I am posting to the wrong NG. I read 'The Secrets of the Soil' by Peter Tompkin and Christopher Bird a while ago and I am trying to track down a peice of info I came across. It pertains to Rudolph Steiner and mouse/rat infestation preps. I am interested in testing this prep out. Does anyone have any knowledge about this?

please dont hestitate to get in touch.

In Gratitude, _Kunda_

Reply to
buh235

Give me a couple of days and I can find out for you because I go to a steiner school.

Reply to
kristy

Try looking up the plant "Squill"

Reply to
bamboo

"Red squill contains a toxic chemical that produces vomiting in humans; usually before dangerous amounts of squill have accumulated in the body. Because rodents such as mice and rats do not have the ability to vomit, red squill was formerly used as rat poison, but it was not particularly effective. Its use has largely been replaced by chemicals that control rodents better with less chance of accidental ingestion by humans or pets."

Reply to
_Kunda_

Thanks for your reply

Some superifical research seems to indicate that is not a BD prep. It has been discontined in the UK. "Red squill contains a toxic chemical that produces vomiting in humans; usually before dangerous amounts of squill have accumulated in the body. Because rodents such as mice and rats do not have the ability to vomit, red squill was formerly used as rat poison, but it was not particularly effective. Its use has largely been replaced by chemicals that control rodents better with less chance of accidental ingestion by humans or pets."

Do you have any experience using Red Squill? If so, please share.

Thanks again

Reply to
_Kunda_

kristy,