biodiversity

how many of you use your own seeds over and over again and have seed
dating back generations? and if so what? as so much of the things grow are homogenized and we are losing many natural gene varieties of man plants, especially fruits and vegetables. biodiversity international i a recent article and a conference have said that "there is a different kind of agriculture that is taking place i peoples back yards, one that allows crop diversity to thrive and t evolve, he said. In fact, it is thanks to the efforts of Europe gardeners and small farmers that many rare varieties of well-know crops such as beans, celery, cabbage, lettuce, and tomatoes continue t exist.
-- globalart4u

http://www.seedsavers.org /
--

S Jersey USA Zone 5 Shade
globalart4u wrote:

red and yellow bell peppers. butter beans. my pepper seeds are forth generation and my butter beans are seventh generation.
Jim;759478 Wrote:

oh wow they must taste good much better than some of the varietie bought in the shops.
my mum kept throwing out the potato peelings s for years and we now ge different varieties of potatoes and most with some of fruit looks lik an apple and i have dried it this year to see if it is a sort of see and gives anything.
we received seeds for long white radish from an aunt who has bee growing them for years so will try them out in the garden this year an hopefully it will grow
the seedsavers site looks really interesting thank yo
-- globalart4u