Billy - organic vs non-organic info needed

Billy
Can you help me out. You have previously posted info about the nutritional value of various crops grown organically & argo-farmingly. Are you able to provide some urls to that information?
thanks.
rob
Add pictures here
βœ–

Here is a start.
Bill
<http://www.organicauthority.com/organic-food/organic-food-articles/decli ning-nutritional-value-of-produce-due-to-high-yield-selective-seed-breedi ng.html>
--
Garden in shade zone 5 S Jersey USA

No foreign intervention unless tyranny at home.
βœ–

Bill always seems to do this more elegantly than I do. He is the carrot to my stick I'm afraid. Thanks Bill ;O)
In the above article it states: "An amazing two-thirds (2/3) of American calories, on average come from depleted, man-made sources such as purified sugars, added fats and oils, white flour, white rice, and distilled liquor,² Davis said. ³All of these items have suffered much deeper and broader nutrient losses than the nutrient declines we and others report in vegetables and fruits.²
Processed foods are produced from our subsidized commodity crops, i.e. corn, soy beans, and wheat. These commodity crops produce 150% of the needed caloric intake for each man, woman, and child in the United States. What do we do with it? In 2004, the food, beverage, candy, and restaurant advertising expenditures weighed in at $11.26 billion, versus $9.55 million to promote healthful eating. Remember that these foods are mostly highly processed white flour, soy bean oil, and corn syrup. If they put any nutrients back in to the product, it is called "enriched".
If we had single-payer national health care, there would be pressure on the U.S. Farm Bill to promote healthier foods, and reduce the toxics in our environment in order to lower health costs. Mandating health care just makes the insurance companies rich. We need universal, single payer, health care. Just like Congress has. Just like the President has.
--

- Billy
βœ–

eh, thats the stuff I was looking for. Thanks Bill and co.
rob
Add pictures here
βœ–

by the way
rob
Two women were playing golf. One teed off and watched in horror as her ball headed directly toward a foursome of men playing the next hole. The ball hit one of the men. He immediately clasped his hands together at his groin, fell to thegroundandproceeded to roll around in agony. The woman rushed down to the man, and immediately began to apologize. 'Please allow me to help. I'm a Physical Therapist and I know I could relieve your pain if you'd allow me, she told him.
'Oh, no, I'll be all right. I'll be fine in a few minutes,' the man replied. He was in obvious agony, lying in the fetal position, still clasping his hands there at his groin. At her persistence, however, he finally allowed her to help. She gently took his hands away and laid them to the side, loosened his pants and put her hands inside. She administered tender and artful massage for several long moments and asked, 'How does that feel'?
Feels great, he replied; but I still think my thumb's broken!
Add pictures here
βœ–

For the most part, I have been reflecting what I've read from Michal Pollans two books
The Omnivore's Dilemma: A Natural History of Four Meals by Michael Pollan (Amazon.com product link shortened) 83/ref=pd_bbs_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid06815576&sr=1-1
In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto by Michael Pollan (Amazon.com product link shortened) 1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid38974366&sr=1-1
and most recently Dr. Joe Schwarcz from articles that he sent to us. If you didn't read those here, email me at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com and I'll send them to you. Dr. Joe isn't a supporter of organic farming because (he claims) that it can't feed our over populated world (and soon no type of farming will be able to). But that is another story that explores crop rotation, cover crops, eating seasonal produce, closing CAFOs, U.S. Farm Subsidy Programs, and not using crop land to grow ethanol.
I "googled": nutritional comparison of fruits and vegetables, organic and non-organic; and this, in part, is what I got.
http://www.ioia.net/images/pdf/orgvalue.pdf
http://www.ota.com/organic/benefits/nutrition.html
http://www.actahort.org/members/showpdf?booknrarnra4_100
http://www.twnside.org.sg/title2/susagri/susagri018.htm