BIG Squirrel problems

Hi, I am having some BIG squirrel problems with those guys digging in my plant containers. I also think they are multiplying like rabbits, so there are lots of them. I have tried using Cayenne pepper, but it seems they just love the stuff, since the container soil gets churned up all over. Maybe I am not using the right brand? What next? mini land mines - just kidding :-) Thanks, Dan
"Daniel" <dcxdan AT yahoo DOT com> wrote in message lawn rats from digging up bean & corn seeds before they sprout.
Ohhhhhhh.... chicken wire! I had thought of some type of screen for a last resort - maybe this it it.
Thanks, Dan
lawn rats from diggingup

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 16:24:31 GMT, "Doug Kanter"

This works,,I have tried it.
DA>From: "Daniel" <dcxdan AT yahoo DOT com> DA>Hi, DA> I am having some BIG squirrel problems with those guys digging in my plant DA>containers. I also think they are multiplying like rabbits, so there are lot DA>of them. I have tried using Cayenne pepper, but it seems they just love th DA>stuff, since the container soil gets churned up all over. Maybe I am not us DA>the right brand? What next? mini land mines - just kidding :-) Thanks,DA>Dan
Google for some coyote urin. Placed at the four courners (and maybe the the mid-points if your area is lard enough 8-( will remind them of their natural enemy and send them off to forage in your neighbors.
Ciao, Ack
--
# SLMR 2.1a # Windows;as frustrating as marriage but alternative is ?-(
* Origin: BBS Networks @ www.bbsnets.com [8010] (8:8/62)

I have a friend who uses those motion activated water sprayers the pond people use. She claims it keeps the squirrels, possums and coons out of their small veggie garden.
Kitty
Thanks, Kitty - That sounds easier than going shopping for coyote pee! :) Gary
Yea, is sure is hard to chase down those coyotes with a bucket under your arm :-)
Dan