Beware of lawn mowing company scam

Page 2 of 2

(Lou Minatti)

DUH! Because you say they overseeded her lawn with winter rye, which she didn't want, two years in a row?
Shepherd

On 4 Nov 2003 17:32:00 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

And I have a lot of time on my hands?
(Lou Minatti)

Yes. Do you have any more archives to read?
On 5 Nov 2003 03:59:11 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

Sure Scott, I found a bunch today.....
(Lou Minatti)

Yes, and I noticed you published personal information, including my subdivision, in another newsgroup. Since I have never mentioned my subdivision, this means you have spent a lot of time doing your "research" looking up my address and gathering information on various county government websites.
It's obvious you have an inordinate amount of free time on your hands, but are you a stalker? Let me know upfront so I'll know what kind of person I'm dealing with and I can inform the Las Vegas authorities if necessary.
On 6 Nov 2003 18:17:02 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

Others have made the point I made overtly, here's a quote from another of your "admirers",
'alt.paranormal, alt.meditation, alt.consciousness.mysticism, alt.paranet.metaphysics, alt.yoga From: (James Young)
...You obviously have no interest in the paranormal and metaphysic and believe that those of us who do are a bunch of kooks yet you obviously spend a great deal of time in discussion groups devoted to those topics and have even spent a lot of time and effort on a website denouncing all who do have an interest in these topics. This is behavior that some would find, well, kooky. '
I spent only a few moments looking to understand the fervor with which you argue a seemingly idiotic stand and discover you spend an ENORMOUS amount of time attempting to anonymously belittle posters in a variety of groups and have done so for years.
My identity is an open book and I enjoy my freedom of speech with no need to hide. As you discovered, a simple search will yield my personal data.
Now welcome to Agent's Usenet filters where anonymous jerks of your caliber belong....
http://www.lvmpd.com/metro/met_bureau_organization.htm
Lou Minatti wrote in message you wrote > I cut my own lawn. This is about my elderly neighbor who did NOT sign > a contract agreeing to lawn mowing year-round. But thanks to their > scam, now she has to have it done - which costs her 25% more than she > budgeted for annual lawn care. Can you grasp that?
So did she or did she not sign a contract?
And what did that contract say about overseeding? Is overseeding the standard practice in your area? You've already said that at least two companies have done it without being asked to do it. If it's the standard practice in your area, and she didn't get it in writing that they shouldn't and wouldn't do so, then she hasn't a leg to stand on.
Or do you not even care about this anymore. Your latest posts seem to indicate you're more interested in flaming folks for assuming that you've been telling us an accurate story. Your facts keep shifting in vain attempts to bolster your self-righteousness. You want to make this some emotional "I'm right even if I'm wrong" thread, fine. Feel free to ignore the good advice you've been getting. Go ahead and let your neighbor get "scammed" next year just because your ego is too big to allow you to listen to advice.
--
Warren H.

==========
you wrote

I'm stating an opinion that I believe some lawn companies are spreading winter rye without telling their customers. For two years in a row someone has spread winter rye on my next door neighbor's lawn. She has used two different companies. Nowhere on the agreements she has signed is there any word, phrase or clause about these companies spreading winter rye.
I believe I initiated a reasonable message to this thread. I believe my messages since have been clear. Obviously there is some disconnect, and I'm not going to disrupt the newsgroup further.
On 5 Nov 2003 04:07:01 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

Two companies on one yard, now there's a representative cross section of the market.
On 4 Nov 2003 03:46:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

"You appear to be very tightly-wound. Such personal anger and bitterness."
(Lou Minatti)

Wow. Searching the Google archives for messages totally unrelated to this newsgroup. You must be a very busy man, Tom.
So getting back to the subject at hand, if a lawn crew put down an inorganic high-nitrogen fertilizer on your lawn without your permission so that your lawn would grow faster and require more cutting, would you be OK with that?
On 4 Nov 2003 17:26:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

Gosh Lou, I can read and negotiate contracts. Now be a nice troll and help your neighbor and go back to your favorite haunts...
(Lou Minatti)

This is one of my favorite haunts. Why won't you answer my question?
On 5 Nov 2003 03:57:35 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

Not a possible scenario, now be nice and help your neighbor.....
On 4 Nov 2003 17:26:05 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@myway.com (Lou Minatti) opined:

Thus, we cut our own grass and rarely fertilize it. If you would relinquish your time spend searching archives on google, you could mow the turf yourself and for your neighbor.

This discussion has gotten amazingly boring really quickly. What a coincidence, you got a sweet old lady who never drives her car anywhere but to church on Sunday, and someone's ripping her off. Fortunately you live next door, have an excess amount of free time and can rescue her.
If it's a problem, 1 word, RoundUp! It solves every lawn problem. Is your name Hank Hill? Do you sell propane and propane accessories?
Sameer

Okay let me start off by stating I`am in the lawn care bizz.
Overseeding ? is this normal for your area? Commerical AND residential?? Down here in Fla. its mainly for commerical accounts as they all want to have green yr. round and will pay for it. But if its normal everywhere in your area they may do this for EVERYBODY as standard practice- -thus do your lady friend a favor and cut the yard every 12--18 days, set the deck to the lowest setting and use a REALLY SHARP BLADE.
Next yr have her or you plainly state that the lawn company is under way to to overseed the yard!! Have them write it and sign it along with the contract.
--
OutBreak Express mail is certified Virus Free, I think..... :-)
On 2 Nov 2003 15:03:04 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@watchingyou.com (Lou Minatti) wrote:

moment (slow server day) and I have to ask what this guy did to deserve such wrath. He saw what he thought was a scam and reported it to help others avoid being taken. Sure, most of us mow our own grass. So ignore it. What's the problem? Yes, he got a bit testy after his eyebrows were burned off, but who wouldn't be a bit defensive in his place?
Lou, I wasn't about to get taken by insidious overseeding, but thanks for trying to help anyway.
Keith For more info about the International Society of Arboriculture, please visit http://www.isa-arbor.com/home.asp . For consumer info about tree care, visit http://www.treesaregood.com /