Best way to root Ti Plant

On the package it says to lay it in a saucer of water and roots will grow out of the ends. OK, then how do you put it in the dirt? With roots out of both ends of the stick, where does the foliage grow. A message board on the internet said to just stick it in soil. Any advice?
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote:

I did one of those years and years ago. I seem to recall there was wax I had to scrape off maybe? I think I put it in water vertically and then when the roots started showing, put it into soil. IIRC, they're almost impossible to do wrong, though.
Priscilla
(TOM KAN PA) wrote:

Well...you don't know Tom then! lol
Rosewood

I confess I've been away from the newsgroup for a year or two (more?), so I've lost the details of what I once knew about posters in the fogs of the intervening years. ;-)
Priscilla
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comic (TOM KAN PA) wrote in message

The new foliage will know which way to go, up!