Best Time to Buy Perennials

When are perennials at their lowest price? I suppose that there is a time of the year that they get discounted substantially, perhaps late summer?
On Mon, 2 Jun 2008 11:30:55 -0700 (PDT), snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

Not necessarily. Fall is the best time to plant perennials and through out the year there are always mark down tables at garden centers. Experienced gardeners would know if said clearance items were worth while or not.

Late summer, early fall can be great times. And knowing your seller and his/her habits is useful. A favorite of mine can be counted on marking down spring bloomers after bloom time.
Cheryl
On Tue, 03 Jun 2008 06:12:53 -0400, Cheryl Isaak

Exactly. I have my "rounds" and know which will do the marking down and when. I've also been known to climb into dumpsters behind Walmart to scavange plants they discard. Just yesterday I saw a couple of guys digging out from the Walmart dumpster some large live oak trees. Good for them.
On 6/3/08 10:55 AM, in article snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com,

My favorite spot for perennials is a local farm - great for local fruit and veggie and great prices on good plants that get better over the summer.
In article
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com wrote:

From perennials I don't know, but come July, annuals are cheeeap.
--