Best Tasting Tomatos

I'm getting ready to start tomato seeds. Would like opinions on the BEST tasting tomatos - reds, yellows and cherries. Disease resistance is obviously important, but pure unadulteralted tomato flavor is my goal. :-) I do 15-18 plants every year, so variety is good.

Reply to
Ed

IMO...Sweet 100's. Positively, without a doubt. They are small...I've been know to just stand out in the garden and eat them straight off the vine ...They are small...I don't know if size is a criteria.

Reply to
perrylep

Cherry - SunSugar, Yellow - Lemon Boy, Red - First Lady II, Champion and Celebrity are my favorites. But go to a local Greenhouse and get some that is for your area not to WalMart and places that put the same varieties for the whole world.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at

up:
the problem, dont waste energy finding who's to blame ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ I receive no compensation for running the Puregold list or Puregold website. I do not run nor receive any money from the ads at the old Puregold site. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
bamboo

i was raised on Rutgers tomatoes and after 75 years still believe they are the best. And while were at it, NJ corn beats any other. (At least it did when I was a kid) Jay

snipped-for-privacy@localnet.com wrote:

Reply to
Jay

I was raised AT Rutgers, my dad taught soil chemistry there, and I agree the Rutgers tomato is the best tasting. However we moved to DE 17 years ago, and have had, by far, the best corn we've ever had. We are real serious about good corn, like to have the pot steaming before it is picked is ideal, but not possible most of the time. I think the new supersweet varieties that don't change the sugar to starch quickly are just wonderful!! One we were getting from the Amish here was 'How Sweet It Is'. Not seeing much of that in the last 5 years, but the newer varieties are much sweeter then the old Jersey corn. Our relatives in Jersey when they have DE corn, agree.

But ya can't beat a good Jersey tomato!!!

Reply to
Olde Hippee