best spot weed killer

Page 2 of 2
Due to the dangers of herbicides in general, I have very sparingly used them, and I have controlled my weeds primarily by removing them by hand and various tools, such as the Weed Twister.
Since I don't have a lawn, because my house is on a hillside (lots of weeds on empty lots on both sides of my house), I cannot say with confidence how much effort it takes to control weeds in a lawn by hand or tools, with no chemicals.
My guess is that by working with smart tools, you could manage a 50' x 50' lawn with about 30 minutes of effort a week. This may be comparable to the time it takes to mow a lawn, in general. Of course, with larger lawns, the time needed for weeding will increase proportionately. For those of you with large or smalll lawns, is 30 minutes a week a reasonable time-budget for managing weeds without chemicals?
--
Raycruzer
weeder
raycruzer wrote:

<< Snipped bits out >>\
I had written:

Thanks. I was looking also for you to address any commercial ties you may have thereto.
--
john mcwilliams

I mostly give away a lot of information for free, based on extensive research.
My work is compensated somewhat by sales of products mostly related to weeds. Although it's not a lot of money, I may make a small commission from the sale of Roundup, for example, if it's purchased from one of my affiliated websites. Even though I may benefit from Roundup sales and other competing herbicides and tools, I'm more concerned about consumers making good decisions especially when toxic chemicals are concerned.
I look at it this way, a weed is a nuisance to horticulture but by itself is not toxic or harmful to your health. In agriculture, weeds can reduce productivity, but there is no productivity in ornamental gardens and lawns, unless you sell your grass clippings. We want things to look nice at home, but when we use toxic chemicals we are trading a visual nuisance for a health risk.
I use Roundup on special situations where my tools won't work, such as Tree of Heaven trees greater than 5 feet tall, for example. When I spray these plants, I label them with a red HERBICIDE HAZARD label with a date and the type of herbicide marked on the label. This reminds me and others not to touch the toxic leaves.
Whatever I, and others, may say to caution customers about herbicides, our words are just a drop in the bucket compared with the millions of dollars of TV advertising spent to promote these products.
Actually, weeding can be fun!
--
Raycruzer
weeder
raycruzer wrote:
Blah, blah, blah ... Buy My Product ! ... blah, blah, blah, Buy My Product!
=============== Please take your spam elsewhere.