best quality 1 - 2 gallon hand sprayer?

As a kid, I used a really nice quality poly hand pump sprayer to apply pesticides and foliar fertilizers. It had a brass wand, handle and tip. I believe the cup inside was actually leather, and if it wasn't compressing well, you could simply work vaseline into the leather cup, making it supple again.

I've tried two pump hand sprayers since then. One said "Better Homes and Gardens", and was a piece of crap. I forget what the other one was, but I could never seem to get the pressure up as much as I would have liked, and the plastic tip and handles never seemed to work that well.

Can anyone recommend a good brand, or perhaps even a wonderful make and model that they have been happy with? I don't care if it is 40 bucks - I just don't want to feel like trashing if after just a few weeks because of disappointment in quality.

Thanks!

Reply to
Ohioguy

You really need to have separate sprayers for different solutions; fertiliers, pesticides, and herbacides. Unless you are spraying large areas/tall trees in most cases an ordinary 1 liter spray bottle will be very adequate. I have two 3 gallon pressurized sprayers made by Hudson but rarely use them as I gave up on spraying herbaside on my gravel roadway and 3 gallons of insecticide/fertilizer is heavy to haul about and rarely did I use that amount and you really shouldn't save left overs. For several years now I've been using cheapo 1 liter trigger spray bottles. However for large tank sprayers any of the brands sold at the big box hardware emproriums will work well and if you do have a problem you can return them no questions asked. I even have a one liter spray bottle that operates with two AA cells, will spray about ten liters before needing new batterys. The trick to good service and longiviety with any sprayer is to clean it well immediately after use, let it fully dry inside before storing so insects can't make it a home, and don't use corrosive chemicals it's not made to handle.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

Birchmeier is the best.

Gemplers has several good devices.