Best Cherry Tree for Zone 9

I'm wanting to grow a cherry tree in my Zone 9, Northern California garden. I'd like it to be semi-dwarf, disease resistant, and self-fertile with outstanding fruit production (tasty, tasy fruit!). I've had Stella reccomended to me, as well as Craig's Crimson. Any comments on these two varieties, or suggestions for others?
Thanks.
-Fleemo
I planted a Stella three years ago and had a handful of very tasty fruit last summer. I had expected it to grow to 10 feet, but looks like it's going to be taller - maybe 15-17. It's my first experience growing cherries, so can't tell you any more. I'm north of you, in the Portland area.

Check out Bay Laural Nursery. I believe they are in Northern California. They have very specific info about chill requirements for all of their fruit trees and they have an extensive catalog including cherries and interspecific hybrids with cherries. They know your climate and what would work well for you. And I have never had a problem with anything I have received from them in the past 5 years. The quality of their plants is top notch. I believe they are at www.baylauralnursery.com.
I have no connection with this nursery except that I have ordered from them for the last five years and am very pleased every spring.

it is spelled baylaurelnursery
emilie