Berries

I am going to put in telephone pole trellises with heavy pig wire in between. Don't know if it is pig wire, or what, but they sell it locally, it comes in 20' x 4' sections, and is about as big around as a pencil. I want to grow berries, and vining tomatos and cukes, and beans, and anything that would do good on vines.

But, particularly, I'd like to get some berries going. I live in 5a,

110 in the summer, and this Friday going to be 12 F for a low.

What type of soil? Amendments? Watering tips? Types of berries that might grow well here? Grapes do really well here.

Thanks

Reply to
SteveB

Grapes.