Bermuda grass remedies

Does anyone have a tried and true Bermuda grass remedy? It seems most research I've done, only gives some temporary relief from this lawn pest.

Myrl

myrl_jeffcoat

Nicole

;-)

Reply to
Travis M.

Thanks for the suggestion. . .It sounds like you treat Bermuda, similar to the way I do. I know some parts of the country do use Bermuda as a turf, but I hate the way it looks in the Winter here in Sacramento. It turns brown, leaving the remainder of lawn looking fairly green.

I have one area in my back yard that gets considerable sun, and that is where it is most virulent. I have taken to just spending sessions out there on a cushion, digging out what I can, and using a sponge brush to saturate what root tops I can see with Weed B-Gon. I do that without diluting it, just straight out of the can. . .That's how desperate I've been with this stuff.

And yes, when it gets into the flower beds, it can be a nightmare!

Myrl Jeffcoat

Nicole wrote:

Reply to
myrl_jeffcoat

In Illinois we call it crab grass.

Reply to
Tom

I'm south of you in Bakersfield. Bermuda goes dormant in the winter... for green, just have to overseed with Rye. We've had tall fescue which is green year around but it doesn't do well w/the heat and requires so much water.... so I took it out and put in Bermuda. good luck nicole

Reply to
Nicole

Reply to
Nicole

The Bermuda grass I saw in Texas is very much like what we call "quack grass" in Massachusetts. I have more of it in my lawn that I like thanks to the shoddy job our contractor did putting in the original lawn, it makes a lot of thatch when it dies and grows higher than the other lawn grasses forcing me to mow more frequently to keep it looking nice.

--Jenny

Diabetes Info

Get Your Blood Sugar Under Control

Reply to
Jenny

I've been able to keep crab grass controlled to a certain degree. Home Depot sells a couple crab grass control products, which seems reasonably effective.

But, the Bermuda grass has been an ongoing issue.

Myrl Jeffcoat

myrl_jeffcoat

In addition to other methods, the Ergonica Weed Twister has been used to efficiently entangle grass roots under the soil and pull them out rather quickly. It's a safe alternative to chemicals.

-- Dr. Yucca: Nature makes plants, humans make weeds.

Reply to
raycruzer