Berm Plantings

I have a 500 foot long berm I need to cover that averages 4 ft high. I can get to the top with my riding mower but the sides are too steep and require a push mower or trimmer. Any suggestions on low growing ornamental grasses or plants that will not take over, are attractive, and won't cost me a fortune that I can plant on the sides?
Zone 8, North Texas. 100 degrees today.
--
Remove theobvious to reply

Please consider Texas native short prairie grasses such as 'Blackland Prairie Mix' seen here:
http://www.seedsource.com/catalog/detail.asp?product_id (00
email: snipped-for-privacy@beyondgardening.com
Mark wrote:

take a few years to get full coverage.