Bending birch

Hi, I have a young polarbear(white) Birch,about 8ft,but last year when it got all its leaves it bent right over and,as I had a nearby fence handy,stabalised it at about 6ft up,stopping it from touching the ground with all its leaves on. Mid winter,I unleashed it from the fence and now it is still bending low. Do you think through the spring it will come up to its natural postion and face the sky,as it gets leaves again? or will it touch the ground again? Must I support it again this year?put a splint on

caffeinated

traditionally topped by about half and side growth pruned... this gives a chance for the trunk to thicken... left to their own devises birch will typically prune itself, but then they break where they will. I'd prune that tree rather than stake it.

Reply to
Brooklyn1