Bell peppers

In over 10 years I have never succeeded getting Bell Peppers ( California Wonder) usually end with one or none per plant. Soil is excellent , fertilize twice a year with high middle number,water every second day. No flowers on it yet, they seem to come in September. All other types of peppers grow well.. Zone 5 Toronto. Canada Any Ideas??

I've had the same thing happen right across the lake (Rochester). Sometimes I think that although they like full sun, they also want cooler temps than we get in summer, so they don't do much until September. Or, perhaps they're day-length sensitive, although I've never read that anywhere.

Your soil may be too rich in nitrogen, which will result in lush vegetative growth but abortive flowering and poor fruit yields. You might consider growing a crop of sweet corn or other non-leguminous vegetables with high nitrogen demand next year to deplete the soil a bit, then resume your attempts to grow peppers the year after next, but only treating the soil with a little compost and bone meal. Also, plant a few different varieties.