Bell Peppers

I'm having a problem growing my peppers. Long before they are ripe one side of the pepper turns very brown and gets mushy. Only one side. It is very strange. Any suggestions??? I live in Tucson, AZ.

It's sun burn.
I live in Phoenix. Either find some shading for them or plant them close together for shade and support. It may not seem right but it works for me. For tomatoes it works pretty good, too.
Also you can over winter them pretty well. They'll have a head start next spring and will give you an early crop before the heat sets in.