Beech Hedge

Hi,
I have recently moved into a house where there is a 30m beech hedge along the road frontage. Between the hedge and the road is a fence. I am proposing to remove the fence but at present there are no leaves on the fence side of the hedge.
If I were to remove the fence, would the bare side of the hedge 'leaf up' in time?
--
Baytreecott

Add pictures here
✖
On Oct 9, 10:05 am, Baytreecott <Baytreecott.

What is the spacing between the hedge and the fence? 6", 12", 10' ?
Add pictures here
✖
Baytreecott;866634 Wrote: > Hi,

> along the road frontage. Between the hedge and the road is a fence. I > am proposing to remove the fence but at present there are no leaves on > the fence side of the hedge.

> up' in time? Yes. It would. You might have to cut some of the leafless branches back to stimulate growth but beech will regrow from old wood. If it was mine I would treat it as if I wanted to restore the hedge. You can find good notes on how to bring old beech hedging back to life at http://tinyurl.com/yfymhgx
Good luck
--
Hedgeman

Add pictures here