Bayer Tree and Shrub Insecticide

I have borers in my Himylain Birch and would like to try Bayer's Tree and Shrub insecticide, but it is unavailable here in New York.
Does anyone know if it is available in New Jersey or Pennsylvania?
I am also looking for a spray to kill the larva that may try to enter the tree until the systemic starts to work. Durbsan is also banned in NY.
It would be easier if they just banned the borers.
Thanks in advance.
For the latter question (contact insecticide) I would use permethrin (Astro, etc) at label rate. As for the Bayer question, imidacloprid is used in NY all the time, maybe under a different name, e.g. Merit. Now, depending on where the larvae actually are in the tree it may or may not work. An alternative might be to use one of the Mauget injection materials. Check with your local arboricultural consultant. You can also email me off the list and I'll try top point you to someone. You get there via my website.
--
Mike LaMana, MS
Heartwood Consulting Services, LLC
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Frank Tremblay) wrote in message

Check with your county cooperative extdension to time the application based on the life cycle of the bronze headed borer. This will insure that whatever pesticide you do use is used most efficiently.