Bayer Natria

Why would this product come with all of the most ominous warning about kids and pets a if it was something like agent orange. It is emulsified canola oil Anyway, I bought it to fight my leaf miners. Anyone have any experience with this product? I also have trouble with some other bugs. Now my plants are all shiny and smell like popcorn.

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

You get the same sort of warnings on insecticidal soap.

(*gasp* Don't look now, you're bathing in it!!)

Standard language is required by law on pesticides, and the minimum level warning (CAUTION) can sound dire, even for products that are based on items freely used in other contexts in your house, like canola oil and soap. When they are registered for use as pesticides, they have to follow the rules.

Understanding pesticide labels:

if you looked at a can of PAM (or similar) cooking spray, it would have some warnings about not breathing it in or getting it in your eyes...in very small print.)

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz