Basil rooting

Hi all,
Since I have a gathering coming up soon, I took a couple snips of shoots from my potted basil plant and plunked them in water. They seem to be rooting just fine, but the apex leaves have turned black. I pinched them off and am going to plant them in pots tomorrow, but is this anything I should seriously worry about? As far as feeding them to guests and family, I mean.
Thanks,
Chris

Unless you used questionable chemicals to spur the root growth, you should be fine serving basil made from cuttings.
thanks, Simon

Plain tap water.
ct
On Thu, 31 Jul 2008 16:59:07 -0700 (PDT), Chris

Should be fine. I'm growing several pots of basil on my sunny deck. I feed them a little fish emulsion once a month but now I am having to pinch off the flower buds. The basil transplanted to larger pots have grown proportionally larger, as expected. The leaves turn black a few hours after picking. Basil is a very useful herb and I use it fresh whenever available.