Bargain basement gaura

I scored five rather healthy looking gaura on sell at a big box store for a buck each. They're in one gallon pots. I plan to plant them in a bed that I've recently lasagned and planned to let peculate until the spring. Should I:
* Leave in the pots, mulch heavily with leaves over the winter. * Plant them in an existing bed, with plans to transplant to their final resting place in the spring.
I'm in Zone 7B (South Carolina).
Donna
Plant them and as they flowers go to seed you will have tons and tons of gaura to transplant.
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 01:50:35 GMT, Donna deMedicis