Barbecued Squirrel

Page 2 of 2
well, I appreciate that Zennie. I hate that I sometimes don't see everything that is posted here, but my life has gotten away from me lately. (as you probably understand). My lashing out at Paghat last night was a culmination of her words that I took were aimed at me, and I realize that when she thought I hadn't cared enough to stop misquoting Chief Sealth, since I had kept it up. Well, if she posted something about it earlier, I never read it. Ignorance of the obviously stated sometimes is valid.
I don't like to argue, and I will lose when it comes to intelligent facts. I am NOT college educated and only self taught and I am seriously lacking in a lot of things. My ignorance has been spotted many, many times on this newsgroup, and I hope that I learn from the experiences rather than becoming defensive.
I hate being thought of as prejudiced because the tones of my words aren't heard. And if I come across to some people as bigoted, or a racial diatribe, or contradictory, then I've failed at my attempts to communicate.
If I over reacted, it wouldn't be the first time. But lately, with everything else, I just get tired and I see that I reacted kind of backed to the wall with what Paggers had to say to me. I know in most cases that she researches out her facts, and she's quite knowledgable, but also tends to shove things at you. I shouldn't have gone off like I did. And she probably wasn't attacking me personally. I went in and blocked her posts on my tools option last night and it deleted all sorts of responses from her when I did. Now I regret that action, and despite that I told her I'd not confront her again, (something I'm sure won't keep her up at night with worry <g>) I still hate that I acted out of frustration.
I'm learning lately that I need to be quite and keep my opinions to myself, including my rambles and updates on life here in Fairy Holler. I also have a bit of writers block along with being overwhelmed at home again. Such is my life and I'm just rolling with it. As usual. Only now I'm older and it's not always that easy to bounce back.
Enough of that, I'm absolutely delighted to see your post and wonder, are you still in Pensacola or have you dragged your hubby southwest yet since the devistating hurricane? Just seeing the receipt from your opened message I sent a week or so ago helped me sleep better knowing you were still out there somewhere. I figured I'd hear from you when I lost Rose, but I also know you have a life too.
I hope all is well, and maybe sometime when I call, I'll get your sweet voice on the phone instead of Bill's <gbseg>
(((much love and hugs))) Maddie (who now has another dog, Smeagle to keep Sugar occupied now.......thanks to the plotting of the males in her house)
--

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

There are many ways of getting an education besides sitting in class and grinding out the hours. I'll take your education over many others any day. I also know part of your tounge was in your cheek when your wrote that. But I doubt the person it was intended for caught it.
After Ivan visited my neighborhood I've spent 8 weeks swimming back to shore. Got a post card from some people on the south Texas gulf thanking me for the house. They've put pontoons under it and plan to use it for vacations. So Bill and I have decided to become wandering snowbirds. It's not like we have to do much packing. We bought a small place in central Florida and another retirement place in New Mexico. I love it but it will take a little getting used to, a 20 minute ride to get a loaf of bread.
Bill as you know retired in February and I retired (again) the 2nd of October, so yes now we finally have a life.
I'm very sorry about Rose. Bill told me but I couldn't find the words that would be of any comfort. So coward that I am I avoided it by not calling.
Send me some winter pictures of your garden.
zennie
zhanataya wrote:

Perhaps Paghat thinks that one speech is the only thing noteworthy the chief ever said.
Best regards, Bob

Perhaps anyone with a brain belatedly linformed who actually wrote that Baptist screed wouldn't try so damned hard to believe fire is a liquid, the moon is made of green cheese, & Chief Sealth lived long enough to give a Sothern Baptist sermon in 1972. Silly child.
-paggers

Perhaps. Another one of his I like.
"There is no death. Only a changing of worlds."
zennie

No, the ratgirl has taken one side of a debate. See this page for lots of Chief Seattle discussion:
http://www.kyphilom.com/www/seattle.html
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

Humankind has not woven the web of life.
We are but one thread within it.

Not to worry about those poppies, Maddy, mine always poke their heads up in the fall, and around here it gets a lot colder than Tenn! I haven't even raked my front lawn due to the septic install, and this weekend we're going north, so they'll sit there til after Thanksgiving at this rate.
--
Ann, Gardening in zone 6a
Just south of Boston, MA

And its all muscle. Basically they have a 100% protein diet (nuts, birds eggs, etc.) and climb "mountains" (trees) all day.
Dan

A very quick squirrel fricasse can be prepared by enticing the tree rats to bridge the gap between terminals on power transformers. 2,200 volts does the trick every time.
J. Del Col

Yes, but it must be hard to get an even job - 'Damn, burnt on the outside, raw on the inside again, Martha"

Blackened squirrel, eh? :-)
Update: I just went outside and found one of the little bastards sitting on the hard tonneau cover on my pickup truck. They plotting to take the vehicle.

Course not, we can't drive trucks up trees. We were just flossing our teeth with that thin stuff from under the bonnet.
S. Nutkin.
When I was growing up in northern Indiana, my grandfather hunted squirrel all of the time. My grandmother would cook it and serve it for dinner.
During the time that I was in eastern Carolina I would look at the Gray squirrels and wander how they would make a meal. Now after moving back to Indiana and seeing the red squirrels, it is obvious.