Bang, Bang,Bang...Here's an Article for You Chemical-Heads

Well, ya! (Giggle)

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

On 5/30/07 11:31 AM, in article f3k5d8$lnc$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com, "FragileWarrior" >>>> the yard or the mower until I have absolutely no further recourse.

Chamomile?

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C28315DC.697C9% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

I don't think so unless there's a teeny version of Chamomile. This grew no higher than clover. My grandfather used to have it in his lawn and I thought, for a while there, you could buy seeds for it for your lawn, but I haven't see it growing or seen packages of seeds for years and years and years.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Common Yellow Wood-Sorrel. It's a variety of oxalis. Sometimes incorrectly called "sour clover". HTH :-)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Sounds like what I'm used to here in California except ours has a pink flower. I've always called it "sour grass". Nobody talks about it. Nobody plants it. It just comes up. It's about 3" - 4" high, stems grow longer but they flop over and has "clover-like" leaves.

Bill Rose

Bill Rose wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cor8-ppp5025.per.dsl.connect.net.au:

Yep, there's a pink version and a lavender version, too. Not here, though. We only get the yellow one.

I have a checkerboard herb garden this year and I put our version in one of the openings. I like it when people go, "BUT THAT'S A WEED!" :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

There are two chamomile, the Roman and, the German. The German lies flatter than the Roman and, is the choice for tisanes. Just trying to keep us all on the same page.

Bill Rose

FragileWarrior > flower. I've always called it "sour grass". Nobody talks about it.

I don't know where it comes from and I don't notice it spreading all over the place. It's like a surprise. It sits there looking like a nuisance and the it blooms.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Bill Rose wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@cor8-ppp5025.per.dsl.connect.net.au:

Nope, I know what both of those look like. In fact, at the herbal gardens the German Chamomile has been blooming for a few weeks now and I love it but it's not the plant I remember in the lawn. The daisies in the lawn were wonderful little things but they were LITTLE, low-growing beauties. Darn. I wish I knew what they were.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in news:Xns9940994B0A98Bzjlzzjkvjzklzjkljxkl@69.28.186.121:

More nutritious than spinach, IIRC.

BTW, I just made some dandelion/red clover jelly. It was GOOOOOOOD. :)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

thinking there is a type of aster that many people consider weeds in the lawn

Lar

Reply to
Lar

In article , FragileWarrior was forced to post

Ever come in contact with Malabar Spinach? A tasty vine.

William Wagner

On Wed, 30 May 2007 15:30:57 +0000 (UTC), FragileWarrior

Helloooooo! Who you be expecting, Eyore?

Could it also be Shepherd's Purse? We nibble on it and it sounds also like what Michael is describing.

's%20Purse.htmlIs this your woods sorrel?

do see it has yeller blooms too.

Just being curious, because we have the shepherds purse everywhere.

Cheerfully Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Charlie wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Nope. That's different.

Sheperd's purse is easily recognized by its distinctive heart-shaped seed pods -- something that Wood Sorrel doesn't have. I've never heard of eating it but, hey, I'm new to this herbal stuff, too.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

Bull Shit!

-----------------

- *Completion*Retention*Speed* Access your favorite newsgroups from home or on the road

-----------------

Reply to
Ron H

"Ron H" wrote in news:465e0751$0$16688 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.newsgroup-binaries.com:

Well said.

What are we talking about, Ron? Quoting helps follow a thread.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" expounded:

Reply to
Ann

Charlie was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

The second link looks like it. The description says rose colored blooms but mine blooms yellow. Apparently there are different varieties that bloom different colors. From reading the thread I'm 99.9% that is what it is.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

William Wagner wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@sn-indi.vsrv-sjc.supern ews.net:

Nope, never heard of it.

I have to be honest, my tolerance of green things is very limited. My personal motto is, "If it's green it's trouble; if it's fried, get double."

:)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

On 5/30/07 5:19 PM, in article f3kpod$6is$ snipped-for-privacy@blackhelicopter.databasix.com, "FragileWarrior" >> years and years and years.

Dang - where are our British friends? I saw something like that at Kew and The Cambridge Botanical Garden. Ferny leaves? Right? C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak