Bang, Bang,Bang...Here's an Article for You Chemical-Heads

Yo...Yow...Yo...Yow, etc!

I actually visit a guy on death row here in Texas. He case after twenty years was reversed and he's off the row, at least for now after

20 years. Anyway, he's gay. He was gay when he did his crime, not a jailhouse gone gay. One time I said "you go girl" and he didn't or never heard the expression and I had to splain it to him. I'll see him on Thursday...oh so way off topic.
Reply to
jangchub

My son's lawn is gorgeous, and his neighbor (a lawn chem criminal) is convinced my son's got some secret stuff he applies to the lawn. The guy actually gets nasty when my son tells him he uses nothing. Actually, he accidentally applied some 5-10-5 granular fertilizer a couple of years ago, but that's about it. My son's thinking of buying one of those rolling tanks with a spray hose, and filling with water and something harmless, but with an interesting scent. Maybe some cheap cologne. Roll it around the yard, spraying here and there. Mess with the neighbor's head. I suggested a cheaper idea: Buy the absolute cheapest generic bland colored cereal you can find and dump it in the rolling spreader. He could be honest with the neighbor and tell him that's the secret lawn food, and then laugh his ass off watching the guy apply it for the next 10 years. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Hey, give some of us a break! I have a quarter acre and lung disease, and I use a riding mower. And I won't give up gardening, the yard or the mower until I have absolutely no further recourse.

But I've used mulching blades forever, and I'm one of the very few in my neighborhood that don't fertilize the lawn. I also seeded clover. They think I'm nuts!

Reply to
Pennyaline

As long as it's just dandelions... and not violets. ;-)

Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob

Actually, using ten pounds of granular sugar from the kitchen, applied to turf at a rate of ten pounds to a thousand sq. ft. would feed the micro biota in the soil and THEY green the turf up with their exudates of nice nitrogen poo.

Reply to
jangchub

Of course I am not talking to people like you. I should clarify; this

1/4 acre is covered with a 2600 square foot house. It takes him three minutes to mow the front and two minutes in the back. It blows out emissions which stink, he does it on ozone action days when he shouldn't, he's a moron and says nuke ular like our presishmuck and talks dumb because he's a Texan. NOTHING like people like you. I'm sorry for your lung disease and hope all is well with you.

Victoria

Reply to
jangchub

All is well with me, thank you. All will be well for as long as it is.

By the way, I understand when you describe his house. Sounds like he could do the whole lawn with an electric weed wacker.

Reply to
Pennyaline

We have bigger property and can mow ours three times with an electric mower with one charge. Eh, she threw him out and they're divorced now. The whole neighborhood had a party! Poor guy wasn't well liked.

Reply to
jangchub

Pennyaline was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

There is a local hardware store here that sells clover seed. Family owned and operated store for generations. A guy was buying 5 pounds of the clover seed and everyone lined up behind him gave him a horrified look.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in news:Xns994065DE649ABzjlzzjkvjzklzjkljxkl@69.28.186.121:

What's wrong with clover? It's lovely. Smells delightful, too.

Reply to
FragileWarrior

54%, Michael. Terminally stupid. Clover feels cool in the summer. Why people dislike it is a complete mystery to me.
Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

HEY! I would love to have clover, it has to be better than this junk that grows in our sandy yard! LOL

Reply to
Rachael Simpson

"JoeSpareBedroom" was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

I don't know much about clover and it doesn't bother me in the lawn. I like the little white blossoms and the honey bees like it. I leave it alone and it leaves me alone. I don't sow it but if I had a real large area of space I might. I'm trying to remember the name of that plant that grows and is pleasantly sour to taste. It grows little yellow blossoms. I used to nibble on it when I was a kid. I leave it alone too. Damn if I can remember the name of it.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

'cause some one told them it's a weed

Cheryl Isaak

Years ago, I read something about how clover takes over when your soil heads in a certain direction with regard to either pH or nutrients, or both. I don't recall the details because it was just one of those "Oh that's interesting but it doesn't matter to me" moments. But, I do recall that soil corrections could be made with either lime or fertilizer, depending on what the issue is.

This may be another "I don't care" moment. I'm just sayin....

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

"Michael \"Dog3\" Lonergan" wrote in news:Xns99406977E3892zjlzzjkvjzklzjkljxkl@69.28.186.121:

Wood Sorrel. Got shitloads of it here. I was glad to find out it had herbal applications.

(Stay tuned for a doom-n-gloom lecture which should be here any second now...)

Reply to
FragileWarrior

So are daylillies, along millions of miles of roads in this country. :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Cheryl Isaak wrote in news:C2831013.697B6% snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net:

What are the teeny little daisy looking plants that you sometimes find in lawns? And where can I get seed?

Reply to
FragileWarrior

"JoeSpareBedroom" was forced to post this in: rec.gardens

So are my beloved butterfly bushes and wild geraniums.

Michael

Reply to
Michael "Dog3" Lonergan

Wood sorrel! C