Bang, Bang,Bang...Here's an Article for You Chemical-Heads

Page 1 of 5
Came across this article after watching Joe's debate above and thought it appropriate to my situation and his argument.
And yes it is garden related!
http://www.commondreams.org/archive/2007/05/25/1445 /
Keep your damned s**t away from my unborn grandchildren.
If you have to use poison in your garden, there are several possible wrongs.
1. Your soil is deficient
2. You are lazy
3. You are ignorant
4. You simply don't give a crap.
You chemical heads (sorry for plagerizing the term, Bill) are crapping in our nest. If you can't garden without poison, don't friggin' garden. Years ago, when living in the country, I lost most of my garden when some effwad in a cropduster hit my garden.
All summer, I have to smell all the different crap that is applied to lawns and gardens all around town. Besides being dangerous, much of it *stinks*.
Care... about the Earth, and the rest of us Charlie
--
Give'em hell Joe.

<Charlie> wrote in message

You forgot:
5. Hopelessly stupid
On Mon, 28 May 2007 01:30:24 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

6. Woefully inept

Just makes enemies out of people who want to be your friends. We all start out stupid or ignorant. Point at the way or get out of it.
I've been ignorant for 64 years now but slowly but surely, I'm working towards the light.

Well, sort of maybe. News of problems with chemicals has been in newspapers at least since the late 1960s, when I first became interested in it. Anyone who hasn't noticed is, as I said above, hopelessly stupid. We're talking 40-ish years. Nobody's so busy over a period of 40 years that they can claim to have noticed nothing.
On Mon, 28 May 2007 05:24:36 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Ever watch the nightly news shows? The puppet heads? How about Elizabeth Hasselback? She still defends Bush. This is mainstream. Bush was elected (appointed or selected) twice. I've given up hope a long time ago.

My local paper runs stories about chemical pollution, and the paper's owned by Gannett, which publishes in lots of cities. That's mainstream. Like I said, anyone who hasn't noticed is stupid.
On Mon, 28 May 2007 15:28:26 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Yes, I've also come to this conclusion, but I throw in lazy. I have always posted here about how lazy people are. They don't even read the label before application of toxic, carcinogens. I just told my husband today that we should buy 100 acres and put 5 dome homes on it, all attached, one being a working greenhouse for oxygen and just never go outside. In about 20 years that's probably how the earth will be. Sad.

I want 100 acres with a house in the middle, just so I can read a book outside without listening to the stoopids, all running their leaf blowers for the entire weekend. The guy across the street will spend hours literally chasing four leaves.
On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:37:48 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

property with the leaf vac and I'd take every bag and put it on all my beds. One time I told him to just buy a mulching blade. He said leaving the leaves on the grass kills it. Uh duh? He mowed in his cowboy boots and hat. I tried to show him that our lawn twas much greener than his and we never fertilize, but we use a mulching blade. Oh well. This is someone who mowed with a ride on mower and he barely had 1/4 acre!
Do you watch Carlos Mencia? Dee dee dee.

My son's lawn is gorgeous, and his neighbor (a lawn chem criminal) is convinced my son's got some secret stuff he applies to the lawn. The guy actually gets nasty when my son tells him he uses nothing. Actually, he accidentally applied some 5-10-5 granular fertilizer a couple of years ago, but that's about it. My son's thinking of buying one of those rolling tanks with a spray hose, and filling with water and something harmless, but with an interesting scent. Maybe some cheap cologne. Roll it around the yard, spraying here and there. Mess with the neighbor's head. I suggested a cheaper idea: Buy the absolute cheapest generic bland colored cereal you can find and dump it in the rolling spreader. He could be honest with the neighbor and tell him that's the secret lawn food, and then laugh his ass off watching the guy apply it for the next 10 years. :-)
On Tue, 29 May 2007 13:26:40 GMT, "JoeSpareBedroom"

Actually, using ten pounds of granular sugar from the kitchen, applied to turf at a rate of ten pounds to a thousand sq. ft. would feed the micro biota in the soil and THEY green the turf up with their exudates of nice nitrogen poo.
jangchub wrote:
<snip>

Hey, give some of us a break! I have a quarter acre and lung disease, and I use a riding mower. And I won't give up gardening, the yard or the mower until I have absolutely no further recourse.
But I've used mulching blades forever, and I'm one of the very few in my neighborhood that don't fertilize the lawn. I also seeded clover. They think I'm nuts!
<considering starting up a local Dandelion Conservation Movement... want in?>
Pennyaline wrote:

As long as it's just dandelions... and not violets. ;-)
Bob
On Tue, 29 May 2007 08:53:52 -0600, Pennyaline

Of course I am not talking to people like you. I should clarify; this 1/4 acre is covered with a 2600 square foot house. It takes him three minutes to mow the front and two minutes in the back. It blows out emissions which stink, he does it on ozone action days when he shouldn't, he's a moron and says nuke ular like our presishmuck and talks dumb because he's a Texan. NOTHING like people like you. I'm sorry for your lung disease and hope all is well with you.
Victoria
jangchub wrote:

All is well with me, thank you. All will be well for as long as it is.
By the way, I understand when you describe his house. Sounds like he could do the whole lawn with an electric weed wacker.
On Tue, 29 May 2007 13:29:15 -0600, Pennyaline

We have bigger property and can mow ours three times with an electric mower with one charge. Eh, she threw him out and they're divorced now. The whole neighborhood had a party! Poor guy wasn't well liked.
rec.gardens

There is a local hardware store here that sells clover seed. Family owned and operated store for generations. A guy was buying 5 pounds of the clover seed and everyone lined up behind him gave him a horrified look.
Michael <- tolerates clover
--
This is how it works in my house. Click the pic to enlarge it:
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=42ko0mf

What's wrong with clover? It's lovely. Smells delightful, too.
was forced to post this in:

54%, Michael. Terminally stupid. Clover feels cool in the summer. Why people dislike it is a complete mystery to me.