Banana pruning.

Hello, We have some Banana trees growing. The trouble is they grow too tall and then break. I've noticed that when they sprout leaves they send out a long tight whorl of leaves from the top of the plant and that unfurls into a higher layer of leaves that then widen after some time. However i couldn't see a proper tip or apical meristem.

  1. Can i prune ( chop off ) the tight whorl of leaves and keep the Banana short?
  2. Will this force the leaves lower down to develop and widen more quickly.
  3. It has some straggly leaves lower down, below the actual top broad leaves. Can i chop those off ?

The suckers have been taken care off, so that's not a problem.

Reply to
Vivek.M