bad news of sorts.....for now......

well, I must fess up, I've been horrible and irresponsible recently. I've done something for the first time in 38 years of being a bill paying adult.....I ran up my Bellsouth landline something HORRENDOUS. MAGNATUDAL.......to the degree that I KNEW they'd cut it off as I am NOT working and in the midst of divorce and upheavals. Today the "NEW IMPROVED ATT/BELLSOUTH sent the novella with the list of calls across the pond to my friend who's been consoling me, and behind it was the letter informing me that since my ISDN line was in my name as well and the landline was shut off, they would be shutting off my ISDN computer line as well on the 9th.......despite that I just paid that...well who could blame them? But I'd have to have a JOB and serious money to pay them the installments to appease them, and short of hitting a scratch card for a few thousand, I'm screwed. So I thought I'd say good-bye for now (well, I'll linger as long as I'm connected and contribute and chat) and look into seeing if the local library that is only open two days a week HAS a computer I can log into and check on the newsgroup and my e-mails. I DO have a yahoo snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com as well as my snipped-for-privacy@vic.com good until the end of July whether or not I have internet at my HOUSE Or not.......sigh.........I'll learn. Made me bed hard and must lie in it. Being cut off from the world won't be that good for someone the likes of me, though. You all will hear my shrieks of frustration as I am unable to read my daily online comics to lighten my heart and soul up, or write about the faeries flittering about in the Holler.....today a dragonfly lit on me and surveyed me before darting off. The deluge yesterday was appreciated by the parched raised beds, but my gardens are ticked off at me and the Vinca faerie is out to piss me off........someone got a scratch ticket with win's of $20,000 they can let me have? (no, the bill ain't THAT high, but I need to pay bills in advance enough to figure things out while my eyes heal so I can get two jobs. it's East Tennessee here folks, minimum wages are the best one can sometimes do here, it's still a man's world.......ho hum) no worries, just wish now I had level ground and more sun for a garden to feed me while the heat is on. My Aunt Ruby's Green were late planted, and the Sungold cherry tomato's won't get cranked soon enough. I love those..I planted Rubra leaf lettice in buckets and it was tender and succulent and the spinach I'll sow in buckets on the deck at the end of July for a fall crop. same with the lettice. I have fall radishes too.....if you ain't got level ground, buckets on the deck work alright, just nothing like tomato's in the soil

I'll be back eventually. I've never been in this position before, but it'll all work out.

madgardener up on the ridge, back in a hazy and humid Faerie Holler, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone

36 (I have lots of little figs too!!)
Reply to
madgardener

ATT in Nj is just as bad. They bill every three months unless your total is over 30? How can you plan for that mess. Good luck Maddie.

Reply to
betsyb

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

I just know you are too feisty to let this passle of trouble get to you for very long.

Reply to
T r a v i s

you know me well old man. I WILL be back eventually..........and things will be most remarkable than what they are already! maddie

Reply to
madgardener

Oh Marilyn,

I had no idea you guys were divorcing. I'm sorry to hear that. I never like to hear that even if one or the other spouse is a prick about it.

Keep going one foot in front of the other. Lots better stuff is yet to happen.

jangchub

Done.

Funny you mention ironic.......I've encountered several things ironic hereabouts. Damned ironic. The Fates conspire oftimes.......

Billy is one 'o us, fer sure.

I'm *always* up way too late.....I'll be listening for Cries From the East..

Mom is freekin' about the vision thing too, but the mother of one of the folks we support has about 6 months under her belt of having both eyes done and is doing marvelously......like many good things, takes a bit.

Took a double read on the wares thing, thanks for the smile, ya' have yer humor, keep on keepin' on.

BTW.....ya' have me beat by a year on the age thing....though most days I feel like early old age, rather then middle aged.......sigh.

Now Billy, on the other hand........

Thoughts will be sent Tues. morn.......luck, sister.

In the Spirit of the Olde Days Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

we tend to recognize each other in the crowd of bendejo's......other's here are Vinny, Ann, Cheryl, loonyhiker,TOMKANPA, gypsy skylark if she's around....Iris Cohen, Travis, the list is long......not sure if Pen down in Australia is lurking, and Geoff over in Dundee is awesome as well. We just lost sweet Brudder John over in Arkansas, his wife quilts and doesn't have his passion for horticulture, but she keeps in touch with me.......we've lost a passle of good folk when AOL shut off the newgroups capabilities..........I hear from those upon occasions, not now though :( and then there's Clem Clammer aka Atilla the Pun who writes to me but never comes here anymore due to the infestation of pains in the ass and pc fanatics..........he's up in Maine right now doing his summer thing. Come winter time he'll go back to Florida with his bride, Edythe. And I've still not located amazing Zhanataya yet since her move to the Southwest..............sigh.............I've not mentioned many names, my mind is having brain farts and I'm frantically writing to beat the plug pulling.........

he's anguishing over the miscommunications regarding Amtrak at the moment. texted me in the early a.m. to inform me he's dancing madly backwards and it weren't Captain Beyond, either.......(I have that one on cd, by the way)

I'm just blown away at how frelling BLIND I am!!

well, I'd hafta rinse and spit a LOT and invest in Listerine by the case to make that kinda money.......I like being home. one of the down sides of squire is that he moans and groans about wanting to get offa the road.......if I made the kinda money he makes in a bad week, I'd never have a worry....some people don't appreciate what they have or had...........

I bragged last year that I was the same age as the year I was born.......this year I'm 54 and careening towards 55 half way there.

you saying he's ancient? well there is the miraculous Mutha compost pile, right? Billy has awesome tastes in all things decent.....oh I forgot about GLORIA!! Can't forget "only the Iguana's know fer shur" she relocated with her beshert up here to Tennessee just recently and lives 43 miles away nestled against the mountains of Greenville northeastern from me...........she's awesome. A neat little Dead Head jewish lady of incredible proportions........my list would take me hours to write of the life friends I've found here.............((((((((((huge cyber Maddie hug to ALL OF YOU)))))))))))))) glasses of sweet iced tea and warm brownies all around! (moonshine is in the freezer for those who like a bit o' the shine in their tea..............)

thanks Charlie, looking forwards to checking the huge blue Farmer's mailbox at the end of the loooooooooong driveway that overlooks English Mountain and Douglas Lake for unusual flat packages........LOL

maddie up on the ridge, back in Faerie Holler, overlooking English Mountain in Eastern Tennessee, zone 7, Sunset zone 36 where we MIGHT get rain (don't forget to tune to wncw.org and listen to Spindale online. I think you'll like it.........

Reply to
madgardener

first off..... newsgroups can be downloaded to CDs and snail mailed to you so you can at least read them. then when you get the library you can just send answers. if we divide up Monday thru Sunday and 1 person per day downloads to a CD that days messages. especially if Maddie you have more than one newsgroup or whatever you are signed up for .......... and when you do get to the library send your answers to the person signed up to all your newsgroups.

I save my agent all the time and all the messages are downloaded to it, I move it around. so I need an address and your whole name. snipped-for-privacy@wi.rr.com

Now the other thing is to raise some money. What you got is tremendous writing. I can see where you could sell the copyright to selected messages with a couple pictures on someplace like eBay. since you wont be hooked up we will need somebody can post them for you on eBay, post back to the list that they are up for bidding. then collect the money and post it to you, or to the telephone company.

what do you think?

BTW, a good friend just had cataract surgery and was seeing in 2 days. any old walgreens drug store reading glasses are good enough.

hugs ... Ingrid

On Sat, 07 Jul 2007 01:44:02 -0400, madgardener wrote: .I ran up my Bellsouth landline something HORRENDOUS.

Reply to
dr-solo