Bacopa - deadheading

Mine, in planter box on front porch, is looking yucky now that first bloom is finished.
Went on-line and got more or less the same opinion about shearing, but would like to hear from NG members in similar-ish climates (So.Calif coastal) HOW FAR BACK to cut each stem. I don't want to shock it into giving up the ghost; want more flowers ASAP, but also want to do away with ugly stuff.
Also, some of the replies advocated fairly heavy fertilizer.
Any thoughts?
TIA
HB
On Wednesday, May 7, 2014 6:13:08 PM UTC-7, Higgs Boson wrote:

Silly me. Blooming its head off. I've had bacopa before. Hope too many didn't think I'd lost it.
HB
Higgs Boson wrote:

Oh no, never, not me, not for a moment....