Azalea problem

My partnerís grandfather passed away recently and has left her an azalea plant. we planted it in a pot over the winter as we were doing a lot of work on our garden and because we never made holes in the bottom of the pot i think we may of killed the thing. Because it means so much to my partner i am trying to find out if there is any way we can revive the poor thing. It has only been dead a couple of weeks which was when we drill the holes in the pot. I have read on another website that you can replant it and put a plant hormone in with it. Any ideas anyone as i would love to save this plant for her
Regards
Paul
--
pauleagleton

Add pictures here
‚úĖ

Dead azealas will not come back to life.
Sorry.
Add pictures here
‚úĖ