azalea "?"

when purchasing my 'new' azalea several weeks ago the nursery told me it was sufficiently hardened to be no problem growing outside ( zone 5). but we had a frost,,,,,,,,& most of the flowers curdled up.(sigh)
will it rebloom at all this year?
< dang, I swore never ever to buy another azalea, because they NEVER live through the winter here, no matter what I did to protect them.>
'Hardened off' refers to the leaves being sufficiently far along in growth to survive frosts. Azalea blossoms (especially the white bloomers, in my experience) are quite susceptible to freezes and will turn to brown mush right at 31-32 degrees.
Unless it's one of the relatively new repeat blooming azaleas, it's done blooming for the year.
Dave

was

http://members.tripod.com/~John_A_Perkins/specsrcs.htm (but, -10 F doesn't sound terribly hardy)
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=navclient&q=hardy+azalea++usda +% 7C+zone